Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Vampire chicken, a big decision and MONKEYS

So I am making a very simple, but very garlicky dinner. 
If you like garlic this is for you.

Chicken breasts rubbed with garlic and rosemary with crimini mushrooms, yellow mashed potatoes and cooked spinach with garlic and leeks.





You will need:


Chicken breasts
Crimini Mushrooms
Garlic (pureed)
Fresh Rosemary
Pine nuts
Baby yellow skin potatoes
Spinach
Leeks
Butter
White Wine
An oven
Corning ware
Frying pan
Pot for boiling potatoes


VAMPIRE CHICKEN DINNER

Just throw a couple chicken breasts in corning ware and brush on pureed garlic AND LOTS or you won't keep the vampires away- (you can puree it yourself or get it already pureed- the lazy way is fine) and get some fresh rosemary and toss that in too. The more the better if you ask me, and the slice those criminis and toss em in too. Toss in those pine nuts. Pour a half a cup of white wine or water all over those chickens, and give it a healthy shake of pepper.

Give that about 45-60 mins on 400, depending on the size and amount of chicken. 

Then for the potatoes, I just boil mini potatoes in half broth, half water, and a spoonful of that delicious garlic puree. About half an hour and you can mash em, put about half a stick of butter and you are done.


Then I take a pan and put a little vegetable oil- or toasted sesame oil if you have it- MORE garlic puree and  throw the spinach with chopped leeks in it at a medium/high heat for about 5 minutes.


That's that. Very satisfying.




So there's tomorrow nights dinner for you and your, husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, cat, bird, mom, or just you. Whatevs.


IN OTHER NEWS


I am getting my hair chopped to my chin on Saturday night.


I haven't talked much about my hair on this blog, it has been a sensitive subject for me.
My hair has been long and healthy for years, not the thickest but still enough to look full and bouncy. I would never go shorter than my shoulders, and prefer my hair longer because of the waves I have.


When I first started intron-a, I read that hair loss can occur. I was devastated. My hair was like my safety blanket, if I like my hair then I feel pretty.


I went to my doctor in a panic and asked him about this and he goes "Oh no, only 5% experience significant hair loss during treatment. It may thin, but you won't notice much of a difference."


I am like ok, this isn't too bad.
I made a deal with Lucifer (or Zombie Jesus, whoever was listening) to let me keep my hair until my wedding at least. I was getting married in July and didn't wanna have to wear a wig or whatnot.


My hair was fine until one week after the wedding.
I wake up, take a shower, wash my hair and clogged the drain with all the hair that came out. It felt lighter right away. I cried. It continued steadily for months, chunks falling out in the shower, hair line slowly falling out of my scalp and the ends breaking off. Now it seems like it comes in spurts, and I lost so much hair in the front of my head, which is especially upsetting. I haven't photographed myself with my real hair in quite sometime, I have invested in lots of clip in pieces to make my hair long and full again, but every time I look at my real hair that looks like it was mangled by a large cat, I think it looks disgusting.


So that's it, I give in to the deal I made and accept my hair loss.
I know there is nothing I can do and this was to be expected, there are worse things.
At least I still have some hair.


So it is getting cut on Saturday night, my buddy John has a hairstylist sister, she told me she'll do it as long as I don't cry.
I told her I wouldn't, at least not in front of her.
Maybe in her bathroom.


I am actually excited to have a cute little bob.
It will give my hair a chance to grow back nicely, in a blunt cut to make it look thicker.


This is what I am hoping I look like after.






So expect pictures by Sunday!


Eeeeeeeeep!!!


So there you go all you long thick haired and pretty girls, tanning will lead to some pretty horrible things that have to do with your vanity, and cancer isn't pretty, it is very ugly.  Stop now before you have to face surgery and chemotherapy.
(my anti-tanning rant for the day.)


NOW ON TO THE MONKEYS!






Spider monkeys. I have decided that all manners of monkey scare me, these little guys have sharp little teeth and are way to fast. They could potentially give you an infectious disease. They are fun to watch, but I don't want to try and touch one.




This guy is super cute and melts my heart. But the truth of the matter is these guys are VICIOUS. They will beat you to death, eat your eyeballs, and kill you in the most brutal manner. They frighten me.




I guess this guy just likes smoking herb. That's cool I guess.
Still, quick with sharp teeth. Not cute.


http://youtu.be/dIdpZXC8840

This guy is just a lazy fat pothead.


What's with these weed smoking simians?






-E.





1 comment:

alicia said...

please come over and make me dinner.

i'm excited to see your new 'do! <3