Search This Blog

Friday 24 February 2012

Friday couch jockeying, backscratcha and bottle stories

Here are some things that happened in this last hour.



I crafted a mini version of myself


I found a BACKSCRATCHA and scratched my back goooooood
(if you didn't already hear me complain about itching, the treatment I take gives you the ITCHIEST skin straight from your worst nightmares. It itches CONSTANTLY and I wake up scratching in the night. Not just lightly, I dig loud enough to wake Matt up. Nothing does much to soothe the crazy itch so I use various implements to get in there and do what I shouldn't do- scratch that shit Tyrone Biggums style.)



This what what I look like all the time.



While I am scratching my back, why wouldn't I scratch my arms too?
(The writing on the mirror is a note from Matt)


BUTTSCRATCHA!!!!
Yes, that is my ass, it grew in the last few months. I put on 5 pounds and my Oncology nurse Colleen said I looked nice and healthy. I guess it is unusual for people to gain weight during treatment.... 



I cleaned my rings up, just by soaking them in vinegar and water for an hour. Gave them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush and then BLING BLING BEAUTY!!! OMG! Those diamonds sure sparkle when they are clean. BOOM!


So like I said in my title, I am couch Jockeying pretty hard right now. I worked my four hours today and it just wears me right out. 
K not exactly but I am feeling the lazy wave wash over me and I think I will dedicate this evening to my television and a little sake.


I haven't started drinking the sake yet because I LOVE SAKE and it tastes so good to me, I could end up destroying that bottle in just over an hour, it wouldn't be the first time.


Here's a couple stories of my ability to kill the bottle in an hour.


One time a few years back when Matt and I were a new thing, and my brother was single living in a partypartment, and Matt and I would come 'round there to booze it up with him often. Our dad went to Mexico and brought Daley a nice bottle of tequila, and he gave it to me to bring to him.


It just happened to be St. Patricks day as well.


So I grab my man, tell him we've got a bottle of tequila to drink and he goes 
"I don't like tequila. I'll stick to whisky."


I'm like COOL! More for Daley and I.


Daley cracks it and we gave 'er. 
That bottle was gone in one hour.


Well the night wasn't close to being over so Daley and Matt go to the liquor store and get a bottle of Sauza, which didn't taste the same as the very decent Mexican Tequila we had just drank,( don't ask me what it was called, I was hammered. )


I know once I've had enough booze and blind drunk things just all taste the same to me, so I found a way to get that Sauza in me. I could drink 4$ wine when completely shitfaced. It is possible we finished a second bottle that night, and Matt and I stayed till dawn and left in a boozy disgusting greasy mess, to have a shameful sleep and bad hangover to follow.


Now don't judge me on this, but one time probably about eight or nine years ago I polished a bottle of wine in ten minutes.
Ten minutes.
I can't remember EXACTLY how this went down but I remember I was mad, perhaps at the douche bag boyfriend I had at the time, and went to a girlfriends to vent/party. I was upset and stopped at the beer and wine store on the way home from work, so it would have been pretty early, seven or eight in the evening.


I bought three bottles of wine and took the bus and train into Burnaby.


I get to my friends place (who is no longer a friend, perhaps because she would always be around if there was wine, and if there wasn't wine she was gone with the wind)  I crack a bottle and chug it. I am calling the guy names, venting and yelling about my dumb boyfriend and before I knew it bottle number one was gone.


Now what I think I remember about this night is the first bottle got me loaded, the second bottle went down in an hour or so, and don't ask me what happened to the third. Pure destruction is what that was. The evening likely ended with my dickish but sober boyfriend driving to Burnaby to pick my sloppy ass up.


Now I know there has been other times I polished a bottle really fast, but when you do that you get DRUNK and are likely to forget about it. At least that's what I do, pretend like it never even happened.


So all this talk about polishing bottles makes me want to warm up my sake, and I can truthfully say you could make me do just about anything after half a bottle of sake, but a whole bottle in, lets just say, I'm a REAL party.


-E.


No comments: