Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Turkey Burgers and Sweet potato fries!

So tonight I made an easy and healthy dinner of Turkey burgers and sweet potato fries. I grill my burgers on a countertop grill, but you can do them in a frying pan or on a BBQ.

Burgers

About 2 lbs of ground turkey meat
Soy sauce or Tamari or Teriyaki
Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Salt and Pepper
1 Egg or Bread crumbs (To hold them together)

Toppings

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions
Cheese- Tonight I used white chedda
Avacado (Not everyone like avocado on it, my husband thinks it's mushy and gross, I love it)
Bunslappers (Pickles)
Sauce of your choice I'd recommend BBQ or ranch
Whatever else you wanna put on the burger

Combine the ground turkey, egg, salt pepper, tamari or teriyaki or soy sauce or whatever you decided to put in, I also recommend Jerk paste. Crumble goat cheese and throw it on in. Squish it all together. Preheat the frying pan or grill to medium high heat and form "balls" with the turkey, then flatten them and you have a burger. Grill for about 12 minutes a side. Once the centre isn't pink anymore you have some burgers ready to go!





Sweet potato fries

2-3 yams
Canola or sunflower oil (I used to use olive oil but when heated it becomes carcinogenic and I am trying to stay cancer free thank you very much so I have switched for this recipe)
Salt & pepper
Any spice you fancy. I have tried montreal steak spice and believe me it's good. I like em best with just salt and pepper on em.

Cut up the yams into fries.
Heat oven to 425
Blanch the fries in water for 30 mins (All that means is to put em in water and de-starch them so they don't fall apart)

After blanching toss the yams in oil and spices and spread on a cookie sheet and put in oven, turning them every ten minutes for about 35 mins.

SUPA E-Z YUM YUM!!!

You can dip em in ranch or mayo, I don't like mayo - BLECH!



Try this easy recipe out- it's actually healthy too and I promise the husband will love it.

-E.



1 comment:

alicia said...

bear and i love making turkey burgers on the grill - we make them with dijon and gruyere cheese! YUM! :D