Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Sing once again with me, our strange duet, my power over you, grows stronger yet

Here's a confession: Not the most private confession but a real one anyways-

I love Andrew Lloyd Webber. A LOT.

He is a musical genius if you ask me.

Metal Heads should love him too, the Classical and Operatic Genre REALLY lends itself to be played LOUD, and every part of your heart effected by the sound, much like Metal does for me.

As a classical musician inspired by metal, this version of the PHANTOM really MOVES ME.
Makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
Sing loudly and really feel every note of the music.


An amazing and melodic operatic version of this song makes my heart almost explode from my ribcage. I would rather die than never hear this song played this way ever again.

Andrew Lloyd Webber can turn around anything, at least for the whole song. 
His Rockish Opera's have influenced my choices in music since I first heard
 "THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA" 
When I was 8 years old, and 2 years later I was playing the entire score on my Violin.




Of course like the true Music Maniac I am I have listened to many versions of Phantom, some manage to cheese it up a little more, really just put it over the edge and make it dumb and irrelevant, and others dull it down to BORING and Un-Virtuosic, which is what the music is supposed to be:




VIRTUOSIC.


No other way to play this tune, if if any of you hipsters think you are going to take all the danger and sass out of this tune.... maybe add a cow bell with your plaid shirts, fuck, I'd just show up at your shitty show and heckle you.
 Yessum, I would do that, you'd know if you've read any of this blog.


 All I have to say is burn in Lloyd Webber Hell. That's a real place you go when you betray the WEBBER.


 You are a shitty musician if you can't recognize the level of pure unadulterated music in this song and that it must be belted with no mercy.


 It is full expression of Melody without restrain, no matter what.

Here is one of my very favourite versions of 
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA BY NIGHTWISH
Listen/ watch it now!!!




http://youtu.be/i5SUSmedMm8



I made this gigantic so you would FIND A WAY to listen to this version of one of my favourite songs ever ever ever.




The LIVE version of this is better than the recorded one on Century Child.
I just think this because I am passionate about good music being performed LIVE.



Go to your mom's if you don't have a phone or WIFI or even a computer... in that case I am confused how you could even possibly read this.... but whatever is standing in the way of seeing this video, get to a cyber cafe, the airport, the library, you should be able to access YouTube videos.


 Honestly your life depends on it.


I know these are big words but for your own safety I'd watch this video.


Hehehe now I'm just having too much fun Razzing everyone about this song.


You could really say I'm completely ridiculous, it's no wonder I only have a couple kindred spirits.


K, well, it would sure be good for your life, your five minutes, our sharing of the music and the general emotion of Andrew Lloyd Webber, METALLED-UP!!!!!


DO IT!!!!


Really I want this music in your heart. If I can put this beautiful music in your heart, perhaps I can be there too, in your heart and in mine. I KNOW I'M A JUST A BIG OL' BALL OF CHEEEEEZZZZE!!!!


So incase you thought you'd skip it I will put in back in your face and give you one more chance to feel the beauty, I usually cry, maybe you will too... I kinda hope so.


If I die tonight at least this song will be with me as I fly away.


NOW FOR SOME NEWS NOT ABOUT THE A.LW. I love you much,


But about a package I received this afternoon from my favourite cousin!

A SHOUT OUT TO MY FAVE CUZ EVA EVA EVA FOR HER SWEET END OF INTERFERON CARD AND ANATOMICAL HEART CANDLE OMS (Oh my Satan) OMS OMS!!!





SO perfect on my crazy altar/ book shelf.


I love you cousin, and love how we tandem hate and and generally don't get the idiocy of everyone and everything, our passion for flabotage and Timmies donuts, our desire to not care and say what is needed to be said, our hearts BURN AS ONE. 


ALICIA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!


MY VERY FAVOURITE- NOW AMERICAN COUSIN:


*YOU AND YOUR GRIZZLY BEAR OF A MAN MUST CROSS THE BORDER IN JULY SO THAT TWO BEARS MAY MEET AND PLAY AND HUNT PERCH UPSTREAM...(UP THE ROAD, FRIED WITH TARTAR OR WHATEVER DELICIOUS CREAMY-MCFATTYBOYTIME SAUCE THEY GIVE YOU WITH THAT PERCH)....MMM AND FRIES TOO.... not to mention bringing back this deliciousness to their female bears... or bear keepers... whatever it is that day...


OR REALLY JUST  WHAT EVER BEARS DO.... SCARY BEAR THINGS... I expect they will get along naturally. And Grizzly. Bearded.
 What we would call HAIR FARMERS. The manliest of the manliest. The epitome of meat eating, beast slaying MAN! 
Or at least I like to tell Matt that it gives him the power of the beast.*


 Prepare for a pukey time party, YAYAYAY!!!


A thank you present coming your way soon my cuz. Prehaps something Naughty-cal and mermaidish. A mix of both... YESSSS!!!! On it's way my dearest.


Time  to wrap this up and actually hit the hay, a hard thing for this night owl to do.


I love you all so much, from the deepest oceans of my heart.
That's not me being an obligatory Christmas party Cheeseball, that's just a real thing that will never go away, no matter the season or sentiment. Thank you to those that really matter, those who belong in my heart and I shall always keep near, no matter the cities and lakes, perhaps even oceans that separate us. 


Our lives together in our hearts is what matters, even in the day to day. 


I hope to have everyone seeing how precious their lives are, and how beautiful the opera of life is, no matter how we try and shroud the truth and cloud the honesty of it, life is fleeting and we are only given one life on Earth with those who are organically a part of your anatomy and your only real FAMILY our cosmic force combined as one.


 Fucking appreciate that. Please take every moment as a gift from the forces that be, and the forces that rule, make everyday your best and JUST soldier on through all the mud.


There will be lots.


Smile while you do.


Because even when you alone you are still with everyone and they love you.








Those who have seen your face draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear it's me they hear
My spirit and my voice is one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside your mind



-E.








1 comment:

alicia said...

awwww! i'm SO happy you love it! i loved it, so naturally... <3 (the picture is a tiny brown box for me again. :S) i just wanted to send you a little end of poison treatment present because you deserve it!!! <3 <3 <3

i wish our bears could frolic in the woods together this summer! i think they would mos def get along what with their glorious beards and all!

love love love your favourite cousin (sorry other cousins) <3