Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Red hair, green pills

RED








So here is the red I did the other day, when I was saying my roots were horrid.

I feel better, redder. HA!

As you can see I've stained my scalp, and with red you must or else it won't take to the fine blonde hair in the front, and my hairline looks fucked.

So it's worth looking like a sloppy hairstylist's victim for a few days, I always find those hairs are harder to keep from fading.

Anyways I am just perfecting the art of lazy munching with the following:






YAY for HUGE Macadamias fresh from Hawaii! My parents rule!





The ultimate in flabotage:


GIRL GUIDE COOKIES


THE ORIGINAL DELICIOUS CHOCO-NILLA'S YEEEEESSSS M'AM.
MMM!


The head chef at work is slangin' these cookies by the case, and he's managed so far to sell me half a case- plus four (or five?) more. Oh man. What a flabotager.


Matt thinks they are just shitty cookies but to me they taste like childhood and fun Girl Guide times. 


Actually a lot of people don't like em, I don't get it.


So the skin is slowly healing with the Prednesone steroid, and my green babies are keeping the itch away, and the zoned out factor way high.


Now don't get all "uh oh, Erin's abusing prescription drugs," I say 
PSHHHH.
I actually need these pills to keep me from going mad, I don't want to be in Itchy Hell, and I will take all the drugs I need to deal. 


For the rest of the week of steroids, I am going to be needing more ativan than I was told to take, and that's not abusing, that's adjusting the dose.


I called my derm and told the nurse I was upping my dose in order to actually get a little sleep at night! So if this looks me look like a pill popper...


Well,  I guess I am right now.




Cute pill case right?


Don't worry, after this shit is all over you guys won't have to call in Intervention Canada to convince me to go to rehab and detox off the little round green itch pills.


I just love the feeling of not being itchy.


Why not stay on it, I'll never be itchy again.


I have had a few people say, oh but what about your liver??? You've done so much damage to it already with the chemo!


That's why I go get blood tests and see my doctor, so he can monitor my organs.
DUH.
If my liver was failing, trust me, I would know very quickly.


Everyone thinks they can throw on their doctor costume and tell you what will work and what not to do, that's my favourite. When non-doctors go on and on like they are the authority on your itch. Or your cancer even. Wow.


That has been one thing that has really gotten to me over this last 15 months or so, everyone wants to give their opinion, even if they really don't know jack shit or got their info from a website on cancer and think they know exactly what's best for you.


Concern is fine. Preaching to me will result in me telling you to go fuck yourself.



I feel this post taking a bitchier and more rantly turn here.

Prehaps it would be better to destroy some Girl Guide Cookies before I hit the sack.

I suppose you can always say, tomorrows another day I have, maybe it will be a good one.


-E.






No comments: