Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 March 2012

BIG BURN

                 




I attended the BIG BURN event today, as I mentioned in a previous post or two, here is the link to the FBOOK event if you want to see it!


http://www.thebigburn.ca/event/


I got to network with other members of the coalition, the Spokesperson for the Alberta Melanoma Foundation and give interviews to CTV, CBC and OMNI on my story and Indoor Tanning is Out's message. 


One great thing about today was running into another patient of my Oncologist, a woman in her fifties that I met in the waiting room with her daughter, who works for Cancer research in Alberta. When I met them, the mother is four weeks into treatment, completely broken, crying, defeated and ready to quit.


I told her to hang in there and just get through the next month or two and she'll be feeling better. The first three months are probably the hardest. 


She told me today she only kept going on the Interferon because of our talk.


That was awesome.


It was great to talk with her and her daughter and felt like they were family or something, because of the common bond we have of that shocking moment when you are diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma, and living with uncertainty in the face of a deadly disease.



                   
I wouldn't call myself a cancer survivor, more like a cancer treatment survivor. 
But this is how people outside of me see me, as a survivor.



Totally worth coming out today- got a sweet card and a $100 Visa Gift card. WHOOP SHOPPING!!!


So that's a quick pictorial of my afternoon. 


MY EVENING!!!


DINNER





An old school dinner I ate in my early twenties when lazy and poor.
I make a Safeway Rotisserie chicken and dip it in Sirracha sauce. MMMMM.



I started drinking this bizarre concoction of peaches, peach vodka, passionfruit juice, ice and blended, with a splash of 7up. Realllly good. I'm on my 3rd... or 4th?....


CHEERS!



Relaxed me.

-E.


No comments: