Search This Blog

Friday 25 January 2013

Thursday Shit

SO!

Let me begin by sharing my recent misery with you.

I started playing soccer on a team two weeks ago.
We have games (indoor) once a week on a gymnasium floor.
I'm the goalie.
Bound to hurt myself.

I will do whatever to save a goal, I don't care how much I hurt myself.
At least that's how I felt when I was 15.

At 29, things hurt more. 
They just do.

Last night I was flying all over the place and bent my calf the wrong way, I don't even remember how it was so swift and painful.

I refuse to let it get me down and off the game, I find soccer so much more rewarding and fun than working out in a gym or any other kind of exercise.

There is blood pain tears sweat and GLORY.

That's why I love the beautiful sport.

Well, I can handle a little pain and strain, but I did it to myself pretty good last night, then came to work and put on heels like an idiot, a gawddamm fool really, and at some point while going down the stairs like my Grandma Frannie does I lose my balance and 
FALL DOWN THE STAIRS.

Oh my god, who falls down the stairs?!
Me. 
It fucking hurt.

The worst part was I couldn't stand up, so I had to writhe in pain for a couple minutes and take my heels off.

Ok, that hurt.

Great reminder that I am not 15 anymore.
It's even harder for me because of the surgery I had on my leg.
The same leg I keep hurting.

It is just different now, I can't lift it up from the top of my leg so I use my knee and calf to lift it, and if I hurt that muscle I can't stand up on it at all from sitting down.

Fucking muscle tearing crazy surgeon, I had no idea the impact it would truly have on my life until now.

I do have a great ice pack and painkillers so I can concentrate on my 
"life" outside work, SCHOOL!

***THE NEXT FRONTIER***

Learning truly is wasted on the young.
I am loving learning and here's what I look like every night:


Usually have a pen in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
I'm ambidextrous like that.



HARDCORE HIGHLIGHTING



NOTES NOTES NOTES

I don't know why I didn't use highlighters in Jr. High or High school, they are my best friend now.
Sometimes when you only have limited time to study lots of things, you can skip over the non-highlighted parts to get to the meat under the bright yellow.

I am pumped to take my first chapter test next week!
Wooohoo!

Anyways, unlike my previous school career, I plan on being an A+ student.
A goody goody teachers pet even.
I want a 4.0.

ERIN'S SCHOOL HISTORY (Abbreviated, there's too much.)

Kindergaten:
Shy but girly.
Had to wear a dress everyday or I would cry.
Caught on to french quickly and was speaking it soon after.

Kindergaten ruled. We did arts and crafts and got to play in a sand box and with boats in a water tank little play houses and trade juice boxes.
Oh, the simple joys of childhood.

When I was in elementary school, we had to do soooo much homework, and the fact that it was French immersion gave you that little special EXTRA challenge!
If you didn't even understand the damn concept in English, why would you be able to learn the entire concept in a different language than you think in?

French immersion is just that, being IMMERSED in French.
You leave lacking English grammar skills with a head full of French grammar you'll never use again.

Ok so elementary school.
I remember loving school until about grade 4. 
Before that we didn't have the evil BESCHERELLE, the French BIBLE of Grammar, and one little mistake of 7000 different tenses and objective, selective, corrective, whatthefuckever that all is that I still barely understand, means you aren't saying something right.

Until that age, they didn't say SHIT when correcting your writing in french.
They just said, oh, we will throw this at them kids later.

All of a sudden, everything I knew turned upside down with all these new tenses, Present Avoir, Future Avoir, Future Tu, Toi, Je, ills, Elles, on, tu, nous....

I'm sure you are confused, I always have been.
By Grade five my grades slipped a lot in french and math because I was just confused.
Most of my class was getting it but I just wasn't.

Maybe some just knew how to study better and take a mental picture of those horrid bescherelle pages and be able to make some sense of them, I can understand it better now but still just barely.

I held on till junior high where I could have switched out to English I don't know why I stayed with French, but I am kinda glad I did.

At some point of Grade 7 I heard about the concept of anarchy, and to me at the age of 12 listening to Smashing Pumpkins and Hole, hating my parents and brother, and spending most of my time brooding, putting on dark makeup and writing depressing poetry, anarchy meant FUCK AUTHORITY and thus, FUCK HOMEWORK.

Well, did I ever pay for that.
Bad marks in math and science, by grade 8 I was failing most everything but said that
 I DIDN'T CARE.

Our French and social studies teacher doled out a TON of homework everyday, and sometimes I would do some in the class, but when I got home it was "fuck it o'clock" I got on the phone and gossiped with friends and cut barbies hair and gave them piercings with sewing needles.

I rarely handed in complete homework assignments- I remember stopping on the side of the school yard to do it before class- yup, and this particularity hated old teacher who was a round apple shaped french bitch in a tight leather mini skirt frightened me so much, and she was my homeroom teacher.

One day after not knowing shit in some oral quiz she did to humiliate kids in front of the class she took me aside and told me that if I didn't get my act together and start doing homework I would end up a homeless junkie hooker and she delivered that so coldly I'll never forget that horrible woman.

Grade nine was better, I was less awkward and not failing everything, and doing more homework still not all of it but some. Haha.

Grade ten was both exciting and horrifying.

I had been at the same school for ten years in the same class of people, and as much as I wanted to get away and meet new more like minded people I didn't go to our feeder school I went to the art school downtown.

I felt so cool... Art hight school.
Played violin for credits, learned to model in photography and create images that were in my head.

I did have some issues transitioning and found myself lost and unaware of my true self, missing my former classmates and not sure how to adapt to my new social environment.

By grade 11 I was fully into Vic and all my fun artistic endeavours that I completely forgot about Jr. High and just LOVED the rest of High School, tried, studied and even did homework.

Somehow graduated with 165 credits!?!?

They gave em away like candy on halloween at that school for things like playing music in the lobby of the theatre for performance, 1 credit, 2 credits, even 3 for shit like that.

A few of the last credits I received were from playing violin at my commencement for the A-P names or whatever.

That school was Edmonton's version of FAME!

We were all stars in our own right and that's what kept me there till the end.

Post High school grad, no interest in school, period.

Finally five or 6 years later I go back to school, to beauty school of course!
It was great, 7 months of class and working on clients- we didn't get paid but got tips sometimes!

I loved it and it care me a career I can do for the rest of my life if I want, or fall back on it, whatever!

After doing that combined with the restaurant service industry my entire life, I am ready for new horizons. 
New challenges, and a new sense of purpose.

I find that in learning and applying myself now, how uncharacteristic of this old rebel girl.

Thanks for ready, time to crash, my painkillers are knocking me the fuck out.

INSERTING RANDOM PHOTOS FOR THE FUCK OF IT!


THE BESTEST FRIENDS YOU EVER DID SEE!


Ballin'


Chloe the stubborn but loving old lady dog and me.


Still rockin' at 100.
Love this woman,


My cute shiney Salem, all shiny and stuff.


Felacia Dragbottoms, our bottom feeding placostamous or however that's spelled.
I think he's cool but gross.

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY LOVES!


PEACE!

-E.


















No comments: