Search This Blog

Monday 28 January 2013

Ireland Wales

OK!

Just a quick lil' entry to bounce this nutty idea off the wall:

The other night in a state of Pinot Noir I decided the next time I have to renew my license I would change my name to:

Ireland Wales.

I got such fierce support and remarks of how BEAUTIFUL this name is, and really I think it soooo is, but it also sounds like the title of a football match, minus the Vs.

I have a few names now my maiden name, married name, several alias names and even nicknames, they are all a little different, but as we were talking about names and origins of names and Celtic tribes and shit, somehow it came to me-

Erin Welsh=Ireland Wales

WHAAATTT?????


It was a fun party joke that literally turned into a bet, more than that even, an obligation.

Maybe I've completely lost my marbles or I have finally seen the truth, the light!

Now should I adopt this name for any particular period of time, I will expect to be referred as Ireland Wales until I decide I've worn it out- if I ever do!

Just kidding, if you really can't handle it call me Erin Welsh. 
Or whatever!

Now I hope this doesn't offend my mother in particular, she asked me one day when I was fourteen, we got to spend some summer and winter days at Jasper Park Lodge and they were wonderful days.

One day my mother and I were paddling a canoe ( I know, how Canadian) to a golf course that is on a little island across the lake where my brother and dad were playing, and my mom asked me for the first time if I liked my name, and I was like,
My first name? Or my whole name?
Yeah! I think I do!

I had never really thought too much about it.
I liked some names I thought were pretty, naturally, for my dolls and barbies of course, like Sara and Melissa and even Britney and Bianca.

Then I realized that day, yeah, I love my name!

Later on I was told that Erin Welsh sounded like a made up name.
I loved it more even than before.

I figured that Ireland is another way of saying Erin.

So should I do it?
Or the more important question should be, WILL I change my name to 

Ireland Wales???

Or am I just making a big ol' joke blog cause I've had one or seven sakes?

You decide!

LOVE!

-E.

1 comment:

alicia said...

do it! do it! do it! *turning light off and on* at this point i say fuck it.

my name is my name because i was too lazy to change it in two countries, but i was an idiot and had address labels made with my married name on them when i was high on love one day, so i think i should just change it to something completely different to make it worthwhile. if i changed my last name to welsh there would be TWO alicia welshes in the fam! i'm just going to be alicia cupcakes from now on.

love you ireland!!!