Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Crazy hair

TODAY I realized my hair is actually really growing back in.

Of course treatment for Melanoma took my hair, my safety blanket, my everything.
I am very obsessed with my hair. I wasn't pleased.

For the last year and a bit my hair has been thinner than a girl I know nicknamed anorexicka that shall remained unnamed, I've had hardly any hair in the front, practically had a receding hair line forever, and NOW my hair is making a come back!

Since I've really been insecure about my hair loss I've hid it with fake hair, and I find it funny when people see me with a different hair length and colour every couple of days and say, 

WELL, YOU DIDN'T LOSE A SINGLE HAIR DURING CANCER!
YOUR HAIR IS THICK AND LONG AND BEAUTIFUL!

Like dude, it's fake.

I took out my extensions tonight and thought I still had some in cause it felt like I actually had hair which normally when I take em out I feel bald with baby whisps of hair left. 
I was very happy.

Since I have baby hair growing into teenage hairs, and everything is thickening up, it's all at different lengths so it looks a little crazy, well, really crazy, like Alberta Hospital crazy.

I think "Escaped mental patient" is the words my friend Randie used.






BEHOLD! THE CRAZY HAIR! 
THE CRAZY BITCH!

You know what's nice? NOT being bald in the front of my head, yeah, that's enough to make my week, even my month.

Not typically a problem women pushing 30 have, it's more of an old man problem.
Or weird old Chinese lady problem.

ANYWAYS, I thought that was worth sharing. 
If you've wondered for months if my hair is fake or not HERE YOU GO, this is what I really look like. I have to say I like it a lot more than this time last year.

Once you start recovering on the outside, it's easier to recover on the inside.

-E.


No comments: