Search This Blog

Monday 3 September 2012

Tick Tock

In these last few months, I have heard a ticking in my head.
I can't shut it off or even turn it down, I am biologically wired to know when it's time to have children.

Now it's like, 29? Better work this into your five year plan.

To some this seems weird, they're like, hmm can't picture you as a mom, but really I am kind of like a kid myself and always loved them and wanted a family of my own.

Most people when they picture me it's cruising over the speed limit with dirty rock n roll blaring out of my junky car covered in stickers, smoke billowing out and me checking over my shoulder in my aviators and a bandana, looking like a very uncooth girl with an attitude problem. I can't even picture myself being a Lulu Lemon mommy with 3 three brats in tow two are on roller skate shoes and one is engrossed in angry birds on his moms iPhone....

This is what scares me about mommy culture.
I don't want to give up on myself and stop putting on jeans or a skirt and wearing a Lulus, which ok, it's not as bad as the baggy grey sweats and gators look but still.
Lulu's belong in the gym or on your couch thank you very much.
Don't even get me started with kids wearing Lulu head to toe.
Or kids with iPhones. Or those fucking skate shoes which shouldn't be allowed.
Too much fun.


I can't picture slipping into this role of over nurturing mother who buys kids things just because they are so so so very precious.
Now let me tell you, I didn't get presents for NUTIN' unless it was my birthday, Christmas, or before a long car ride to shut us up.

I vow not to spoil my kid(s) and will make damn sure they know how good they have it, I just can't rear brats, there is enough of them in this world who have no manners and think the world revolves around them. This is my generations way of parenting, and that scares me.


Now this is one very naughty girl.

Now of course I'd like to just decide to pop one out and bamn baby time, but this whole getting pregnant thing will be difficult for me, or at least different than other women my age.

With any cancer treatment, your natural ability to make babies can be taken.

It's all good though, I'm positive, and I always have my furry babies and others babies to live vicariously through, and not have to get fat to have my own, stuck in Lulu Lemons for 5 years.... ughhhhhh.

So that ticking, I know may be there for a while but we shall see what happens.
Maybe I'll become pregnant with Octuplets and become Edmontons own Octo-mom!

Hahaha

-E.

1 comment:

alicia said...

every kid i see is a spoiled ass brat who doesn't listen and is useless. your baby would be a revolution!!!

<3