Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Stuff and stuff

So I am texting with my mom today about this and that and I told her,
"I finished a unit today but I only got 80% so I can't try for a higher mark, :("

She responds:
"Is this our daughter?!"

Then reminds me that 80% is not a shitty mark, and that my over mark will still be high, and that they (my awesome parents) are soooo proud of me.
I love them.
I am finally the A student my parents would have loved to have seen a long time ago, I think they knew I could always do better than how I did in grade school, she knew I was no retard but it was well known that I didn't make school my number one priority.

Hahah.
Shows you how much you can change in your lifetime.
From truly not caring about to success in something to making it your goal to do it and to do it well. 

After several people told me to shut up that 80% still puts me on the Deans list I was like,
"Yeah, you guys are right, I am going to go from upset to proud!"

I am my biggest critic, and man can I ever pick out faults in myself.
It is something that I am trying to keep at a healthy level.

If I stop picking out those flaws then I am not learning all I can, and then I won't do as well.
Being my own ass kicker, lighting fires under myself and striving to do better will bring rewards, maybe not right away but with perseverance and drive 
I CAN DO THIS!

GEEEEZ I sound like a motivational video.

SO!

I am going to get a mini vacation with my parents this week, Friday I leave for my place of peace, The Niagra Region of Ontario.

It is totally different from here, thicker greener trees, ol' timey towns, Canadiana all over the place, a slower pace of life and a very serious amount of importance given to the dinner table, family, and WINE!!!

I cannot wait to visit this side of my family which is the Welsh side, my immediate family are the lone Welsh's of Alberta, everyone else is in Ontario.

There is something about the feeling I get out there, it's a feeling of balance and wholeness, I am very close with my Alberta family which is my mothers side, and as a child only got to visit a few times but in the last few years we have gotten to see each other more, and it is fun to see myself in this part of my family, I see where I get certain traits that come from my dads side and I've got my Grandmothers chin, and love of music.

My Grandmother and I have always had a special relationship, and she's been my pen pal my entire life, I do my best to correspond with her as regularly as possible.

We will have five days of chillin' with family, seeing Grandma, big dinners and lots and lots of laughs, lets not forget the WINE!

I am not drinking a drop of alcohol until I can get out there and have some local vino.

This weekend was St. Patty's day which to me is not worth celebrating, the conversion of Pagans in Ireland to Christianity, or whatever indoctrination happened there because of this guy, but it always an excuse to get bombed, so Saturday we did, I wore green eyeshadow to avoid a pinching and the usual crazies came over to rock the roof off this damn place, and I still have a headache.

So anyways I probably won't blog until I am back next week and then I shall post pics of course.

To all my lovely Ontario family I can't wait to see ya's!
Alicia I have a big frowny face that I can't see you!
:(
SOON MY DEAR SOON!
I will just come visit you in Amish Country LOL.

Here's some really awesome news, it'll be like, a month and a half or so before my NEICE is born! Oh man can't wait to spoil that baby.
WHOOP!

That's me reminding myself of all the things to look forward to, to carry on each day for.

-E.

No comments: