Search This Blog

Friday 15 March 2013

P.S.

I dyed my hair JET black.
Not cherry or violet black, blackest black.

You know what they say once you go black...it's tough to go back!
Same goes for red so BAH, I figured MIGHT AS WELL!


I'm kinnnddddaaaa missing half my mouth because of the lighting but shit this is about my hair not my lips. Ha.

I'm not really sure what took me so long to dye my hair black, like I said I'd go brown black, reddish black, cherry violet purple black etc. I always came close but never went all the way.

When I was small I was a toehead, some albino child with such fine short hair I was mistaken for a boy many times, albino minus the pink eyes.
 By the time I was around 9 it was a perfect golden blonde, I know because my dad kept locks of my long hair I got cut off around 10 0r 11.

 By the time I was 12 I has started dying it, "red" first which went purply pink with "temporary" dye and cool aide, which you wouldn't have heard me complain because at that point it had turned a dark dishwater princess dirty blonde with somewhat golden highlights in the summer that didn't even flatter me-my mom said the same thing about her natural ashy blonde. 
Plus I felt cool for dying my hair.

Something about being a natural dark blonde- or dishwater princess, dirty blonde, swamp head-my favourite, the golden mouse, or just light brown or dark blonde, which is boring.
We want to all have "honey" hair but some of us are cursed with a boring swamp head.

So I said FUCK IT!
I needed a radical change, I didn't really even want to recognize myself, plus I wanted to match all my clothes and cats!

Black as my soul it was.

It happened... and it is totally permanent.
I just did it last night and black it will stay for a while, I've had every colour.
I am just going to enjoy life on the dark side for a while.

SMILE!
Love ya shiny humans.

-E.



1 comment:

alicia said...

i love black hair - it definitely suits you! growing up alongside everyone's favourite curly redhead i always hated my own hair and wanted it to be any colour other than brown. i think i've finally accepted it. think. i'm way too lazy to maintain a dye job! <3