Search This Blog

Sunday 24 November 2013

Sitting in the bathtub with a slayer tee-shirt and a champagne glass full of beer.


So I'm without my trusty computer to blog in my typical font and format but I feel like blogging so here ya go. 

Everything about the title is true except the slayer shirt and beer in champagne glass, but it's my Sunday funday so I doooo have a silver bullet in here with me.

Winters here so I bought a new car!
Tomorrow is the last flight of the shitbox. 
Ill post pics of the last epic journey of the blue bitch that just won't quit later. She's been good to me... But I found another. 

It's Walter Whites car. I'm rolling like a suburban meth cook BOOOYAHHH!

I don't know why but I love winter now as an adult. The bright white snow is so beautiful, it's an excuse to stay inside beneath 6 blankets, I get to act like a fuckin' grim black metal musician and call others pussies for whining about snow. 

It's edmonton. It's Canada. If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

In a couple of weeks I have my yearly PET scan. That means positron emission tomography or as I like to call it the all seeing eye. I haven't thought much about my melanoma or worried about it in a while but whenever tests and the anniversary of my diagnosis come up- December 15th- I have moments of almost coming undone with fear.. A feeling of being paralyzed almost, remembering those 16 months as if was a nightmare I forgot was actually real. It almost feels like a dream after coming full circle, living life happy and healthy once again, that nightmare in the past, no reason to be scared... Or that's at least what I tell myself. Ill of course dress up for the test in x-ray stockings and maybe even a slayer shirt, but they'll make me change into a pervert gown, it's of course called that because you can't do it up yourself properly and when you're wacked on drugs in the hospital you won't notice your wiggly bits hanging out. Beers will be in order immediately afterwards, to chase down that nuclear medicine that will make my pee turn blue.

Winter will always now remind me of my cancer, Christmas too, I am forever changed, and there will still be a fee more years of scans and doctors so I try to to count too much. One thing I always remember is that I may have had a couple crappy Christmases wasted on interferon, but at least I can always celebrate making it to the next one, so that's what I do, every single day. 

That was deep. Now for some derp.

You know the score.


What the fuck is on your head?
#nipplehead
Ruff ruff!

Is it a kitten? Or a child in a kitten suit? Or a child-kitten?!!

Thanks for reading, pretty one.
SLAYER!!!
-E.

No comments: